GUMBO is a great way to raise money, build community support and get connections to local resources that can help you carry out your project.
- Your proposal doesn’t need to be a novel. Keep it short, quick and to the point!
- Your idea can be about ANYTHING!
- The idea must directly impact causes in the Mississippi Delta.
- We will email you to say that we received your application and to give you next steps to start fundraising for the event.
- All presenters are expected (*not required) to try to raise $200 before the event using our peer-to-peer fundraising feature above. Simply click the “I Want To Fundraise For This” above.
- All proceeds raised before and during the event will be donated to the presenting nonprofits at the dinner.
- Anything you submit (except your phone number) will be used to print at the dinners. So make sure you edit, look for spelling errors, etc.
- We DO NOT use technology to present (aka powerpoint or things that are based on the idea of the projector)
- If you have never been to a GUMBO before…come! See what this is about. This is different than anything you submitted to before. It’s not formal, you can sit on the ground, anything can happen, magic is everywhere.
Contact email@example.com if you have questions.